Thursday, October 23, 2008

How long can you make the new you last?

You know that one moment when you are going to decide to do things different and put your foot down and say, " From this day forward I'm going to .... instead of ... "

How long does it last?

How committed to the change are you?

There are many tips to breaking bad habits and keeping good ones. I truly think it comes down to changing your subconscious decision making by creating a new habit different than the old.

An MIT Researcher about ten years ago did a study on this and found that there is a chemical reaction in the brain based on Good and Bad effects and that certain disorders either enhance the capability or reduce the capability of accepting new good habits and breaking old bad ones.
or at least thats how I read it. I have this bad habit of putting my .02 into other peoples research. LOL! http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1999/habit-0922.html

No comments: