Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Rubber Must Meet The Road Eventually

It's time to look in the mirror and ask ourselves if today is the day that I will put the rubber on the road and be what God wants me to be. It's difficult to say that. In our inherent nature as human beings the phrase is said " what I want me to be". Lately at both Church and my Saturday morning Men's Group. The discussion has been about Surrendering to God and what does that really mean. Letting your issues and desires be God's issues and desires. You can't get to that point until you look at yourself in the mirror and instead of seeing yourself standing there alone you see yourself standing with God standing beside you. Not just watching your back but being the Quarterback in your life. Calling the plays. So how am I supposed to know what is God's will for me? I feel that all I can do is Pray and connect with God more and as that continues I feel that I'm closer to him. I definitely don't have all the answers. Shoot, I don't feel like I have many answers. I just know that you don't have to go through a life altering event like I did to connect with God. He is there for everyone everyday waiting for you to reach out to him to connect with him not just for Help but just to have a relationship


re·la·tion·ship (rĭ-lā'shən-shĭp') n.
The condition or fact of being related; connection or association.
Connection by blood or marriage; kinship.

I think that sums it up. That is what God is looking for from us a kinship. In many ways I'm glad this event happened to me so that I can have this Ginormous 2x4 wack me upside my stubborn Greek Head and start to live my life a little more in connection with God and my Family.

Last week at Church the message was about Families and Couples dealing with the struggles and that its not about what you deal with (fight about) but h0w you deal with (fight about ) the issues that come up in a Marriage/Relationship.

Well I did label the blog Greek Rantings and I do feel like I'm ranting right now.

No comments: