Thursday, May 22, 2008

Then I went back for more fun

After being in the hospital for 11 days (8 in the ICU with brain surgery on the fifth day) I went home for ten days. I was taking three antibiotics two by IV (picc line in my arm)catheter to the heart (yes it gives me the willies but its better than getting poked all the time) as well as steroids
that where being weened rather quickly. too quickly apparently by the time I got to taking just 1mg of decadron (steroid) a day I was having symptoms similiar to a stroke left side weakness and droopy face etc...

called doc. went in to get a cat scan and it showed that my brain had swelled up so I was readmitted for 8 more days 7 in the ICU. I got out for the second time on 5-7-08. They really wherent doing anything but watching my progress as they pumped me with high doses of steroids. the swelling went down quickly and I regained all my motor functions without any issues. matter of fact I felt twice as good compared to the first time that I got out.

I started working the next day. too much time has passed. I can't just sit around its bad enough I can't do any physical activity because of the picc line. But I've been home for two weeks I feel great if feels good to be alive and glad to be home with Pam and the kids.

well I need to get to work. I'll post some more maybe tonight or tomorrow. there is so much to tell even though nobody is actually reading it. LOL !

No comments: